The rules are fairly simple.
Order in English. — Geno’s Steaks Only
- Don’t Stumble. Don’t Hesitate.
- Also, Keep your Have your Money IN YOUR HAND BEFORE YOU ORDER.
- Cheese Preference First — Whiz. American. Provolone. (Some places will have Mozarella.)
- NEVER say Swiss. (See Kerry, John)
- If you say “Cheese” you will get the default. Most places that will be Whiz. Some places will be American.
- Next Onion Preference. — Wit’ Or Wit’out. (Note the Dropped H, this is Key)
- Special Orders. Some places have great options like a Pizza Steak (Mozarrella with Marinara) or Cheese Steak Hoagie (L, T, O). Seek out the Menu before hand.
- When All Else Fails, Just order… Whiz Wit’out. If you remember that you’ll be fine.
Editors Note: Personal Preference here at CheesesteakGuru is American Wit’. If you can find a spot that has melted American (see Steve’s Prince of Steaks) You will be gold.